Thursday, May 28, 2009

sunday scribblings~"i knew instantly"


This week’s phrase was/is “I knew instantly;” a list seemed to be in order:


I knew instantly . . . that the words, my words, would be the escape from the world that I could not comprehend.

I knew instantly . . . that I was far different than the other kids, and I would always stand apart.

I knew instantly . . . that I could withstand more pain, suffering and agony than most girls I knew.

I knew instantly . . . that being in your presence would lift the weight that had been crushing me since birth.

I knew instantly . . . that I was made to nurture.

I knew instantly . . . that you were my universe.

I knew instantly . . . that I was not as good a person as you.

I knew instantly . . . that my grandfather’s death would haunt me into adulthood.

I knew instantly . . . that my laugh was far too loud.

I knew instantly . . . that I would be a good parent.

I knew instantly . . . that you were not the person you presented in public.

I knew instantly . . . the pain inside us both meshed, as did the potential joy.

I knew instantly . . . touching with you would be unlike anything I have ever known.

I knew instantly . . . that you would not be the one that got away, regardless of the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment