Monday, July 6, 2009

one word~reserved

her laugh was full-bodied and rich, never the reserved form she was told was far more acceptable to young women of that time. it spoke of all she was; warm, loving, happy with life.

thankfully, she never did succumb to the dictates of her mother, never losing that huge guffaw that was hers and hers alone.

it's what i still remember when i think back--glad i inherited it, mindful only of what i am laughing about when i let loose, and not what people think of the sound.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing is more warming to a room than the sound of pure genuine laughter, unaltered and unrestrained!

    I like the things I am finding here. My eye glances down the page at earlier posts and I can see that I must come back as time permits to read them all. I love the experience of exploring something new that is obviously done well!

    ReplyDelete